Clean cookstoves have made great strides in recent years, helping to solve the huge challenge of indoor air pollution, the fourth biggest health risk in the developing world. This is an urgent task: 1.9 million people die each year around the world from exposure to smoke from cooking, and 3 billion people are using dangerous, polluting, and inefficient cookstoves each and every day. This especially impacts women and the children who breathe smoke during cooking. Fortunately, researchers, the private sector, civil society and others are helping to solve the pressing problem of how to keep people healthy while they are cooking. In this webinar, we’ll ask: what’s next for clean cookstoves? What challenges remain? What solutions have already been discovered? And how to we get clean cooking solutions to the people who need them most?
Join us for this exciting and important webinar, where we’ll be joined by the following speakers:
- Sumi Mehta, Senior Director of Research and Evaluation, Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves
- Ron Bills, Chairman and CEO, Envirofit International
- Ruben Walker, Co-Founder and Commercial Director, African Clean Energy
- Mike Clifford, Associate Professor, Faculty of Engineering, University of Nottingham
- Simon Batchelor, Founder, Gamos